Important Information For The House Seller
Key Questions a Seller Should Ask because a quick sale often depends on the listing agent you choose. And, most importantly, Do they have a proven track record for rapid sales?
Full ServiceWe offer both seller and buyer representation. In addition, we are experienced at handling each side of the transaction and keep each side informed and treated honestly. We can provide a list of inspectors and mortgage brokers that we have had a successful history of prompt, thorough service.
PriceWe will provide a price range based on comparable sales in and around your area as well as active homes for sale. From these we adjust your market price based on your strengths. Many homes in Columbia County New York are not similar and my experience over the years helps to determine its suggested value.
MarketingWe advertise in the HomeBuyers Guide, the Columbia County Real Estate Magazine, local newspapers and various web sites. We are members of the Columbia Greene Northern Dutchess and the Capital Region Multiple Listing Services providing you with broad coverage.
GoalThe goal is to get your home sold for the best price in the shortest and easiest time frame.
The Top 10: Tips to Add Value to Your Home
* Clean, Organize, and Neutralize Your Space: Unclutter your house to make it look bigger and cleaner. Buyers need to be able to envision their own belongings in the home, so avoid using bright colors and too many personal effects.
* Keep your lawn green: Get your lawn in shape. A patchy lawn takes away from the home's overall appearance. Your local hardware store has supplies to re-seed those unhealthy areas.
* Add insulation to save energy: The most inexpensive way to increase your home's energy is to add insulation which can reduce heating and cooling costs by more than 25%.
* Update Kitchen Appliances: The kitchen is often the room that buyers gravitate towards first, and an updated kitchen can help sell your home. You don't have to remodel your kitchen to give it a new look. Updating your appliances to the current standard and replacing cabinet doors and hardware can make a big impact at a relatively low cost.
* Update those bathroom fixtures: A little change can go a long way when it comes to the look of your bathroom. Updating simple fixtures such as your sink and faucet can give any outdated bathroom style. And, according to Bankrate.com, minor bathroom remodels typically return over 100% of the initial investment.
* Build a fence: If you're trying to sell a house, the appearance of a fence adds value to the home overall. Buyers with children or pets will appreciate the privacy and security of an enclosed backyard.
* Repair the gutter: Ensuring that your gutter is clean is crucial in protecting your home against water damage.
* Light up the outside: An easy and inexpensive way to increase your home's outdoor space is to add lighting. It makes it more appealing and safer.
* Store and organize: Ample storage space is a plus, especially when it comes to garages and closets. Efficient closet structures can help keep your clothes organized and can save space.
* Polish off the basement: Rather than adding an additional room, it is more cost-efficient to remodel your basement. This adds value and usable space.